Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unspecified error in javaw.eve - problem solved

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Unspecified error in javaw.eve - problem solved
November 14, 2014 02:44PM
Hi,

I am posting a solution to a problem I was having with PCB G-code. Each time I attempted to run the ULP it would get so far as to draw a polygon then give the error in javaw.exe - Unspecified error. Clicking okay would then give ShellExecuteEx error. The setup ULP runs fine. This occurs in Windows 7 32 bit and subsequently tested also to occur in Windows 7 64 bit. It is caused by installing the latest version of java (at the time) - 8u25. When this is uninstalled and 7u60 is installed the program runs correctly. Note: this happened in both EAGLE 6.3 and 6.5, and using pcb-gcode 3.6.0.4 and 3.6.2.4.

Hope this helps anyone else getting this problem. Sorry I didn't get screenshots.

Cheers,
Brendan
Anonymous User
Re: Unspecified error in javaw.eve - problem solved
March 21, 2015 11:39AM
I did what you suggest but I still get a message:"Windows cannot find javaw.exe", I have reinstalled both java version 7 and pcbgcode...
Anonymous User
June 04, 2015 10:50AM
Hi there!
Unfortunately I have the same problem with this javaw.exe...
i have win7 32bit , Eagle 7.2.0 and java version 8u45...
i cant find something to solve this problem... if you know any other hint to solve this problem please reply!
Anonymous User
August 07, 2015 10:22PM
Hello again,

I have updated this fix with the image below which clarifies the error in pcb-gcode, the cause and the fix.

Essentially, later versions of Java don't seem to work with pcb-gcode. I have found both 32x/64x versions give the error with the latest version of Java at the time of writing (8.0.51). The solution is to uninstall the new version and install an order version (I use 7.0.6 in Win7x64). If you use Java SDK just ignore the SDK it doesn't affect pcb-gcode.

This may give a different error after: the java path cannot be found. To fix this specify the java directory in the windows environment variable (i summarise how to here, but google search if unsure). For me, this was done by: right click on "My Computer", click "Properties", click "Advanced system settings", click "Advanced" tab, Click "Environment Variables", click on "Path" user variable, click "Edit", then to the end of the text box add a colon ";" followed by the Java path , then "OK". The path of java is dependant on the OS and what version you have. For me, it was C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin (so overall I added ";C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" to the end of the textbox, without the quotation marks). You will need to restart. I hope this fixes your problems!

http://s24.postimg.org/663rvvwz9/error.png

Cheers,
Brendan
Anonymous User
August 19, 2015 03:40AM
Hi

I a anew user of Eagle and pcb-Gcode and I have exactly this problem jav. But where do you get this version been onto javas sight and can't get it from there. Looking at the amount of views of this question it must be High on the problem list.

Can someone point me to the location of where Imcan get this version of Java
Anonymous User
August 25, 2015 06:40AM
Hi all friends, I have found the solution to this problem we are having with "Java". Watch this video and follow the steps methods. I'm using, "Windows 7 64bit" - "Eagle 7.3" - "Java 8U60" and "PcbGcode 3.6.2.4".
In my case I copied the command, "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jre1.8.0_60 \ bin" of "C: \ Program Files", and not the "C: \ Program Files (x86)".
Remember that the commands, "CLASSPATH" and "PATH" must be in both camps, "User Variables" and "System Variables". I hope I Helped, hugs of friend Viumau.

This is the link the video:
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 10:58AM by viumau.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login