Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Producing GCode for 3D Printer (Marlin Fw)

Posted by Nandox7 
Producing GCode for 3D Printer (Marlin Fw)
May 28, 2015 04:35AM
Hi all,

I was searching the forum but couldn't find it.
What I was looking was if anyone had added the option to export Gcode compatible with a 3D Printer.
for example to work with the Marlin firmware.

I plan to convert my 3D printer to mill some small and simple PCB's and this software for eagle would
be amazing in case it could do that as it would reduce a ton of steps and conversions needed.

Any hints on how to obtain this are welcome.

Cheers!
Re: Producing GCode for 3D Printer (Marlin Fw)
January 08, 2016 05:36AM
i know this is a 7 month old post but if you are still working on the conversion you should be able to get everything working if you change the firmware to GRBL [github.com] firmware which i think marlin is built upon because it is designed for CNC Milling instead of 3d printing i hope that helps.
March 06, 2016 01:10PM
I would suggest that if you use the "Mach3" gcode option in pcb-gcode setup upl it will work, I say this because I have marlin running on my printer and Mach3 running on my homemade CNC router and have successfully run a file on the printer which was created with router software the only thing I had to watch or alter was depth of cut
March 07, 2016 01:05PM
Hi, I managed to create gcode with the gcode-pcb settup for mach3 and as I said previously the code produced had to be eddited with notepad find and replace command replacing "X-" with "X " that is "Xspace" after this modification I ran the gcode file on marlin firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login