Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eagle 7.3.0 crashing

Posted by fleckingerre 
Eagle 7.3.0 crashing
June 16, 2015 07:16AM
Hello!

I tried to use the ulp in Eagle 7.3.0 64-Bit on Windows 8.1. The setup dialog shows but after clicking "Accept and make my board" Eagle crashes. Is there any known incompatibility with the new Eage-Version? The mill-outlines.ulp that is comming with Eagle is also crashing. Might there be some correlation?

Many Greetings!
Remo
Re: Eagle 7.3.0 crashing
February 29, 2016 01:23AM
My eagle ver7 also crashes I use windows 7 64
Tried on some other computer and also crashes!
March 06, 2016 12:57PM
Hi all, let me first introduce myself, I am a Retired hand on sort of a guy I have developed an interest in a CNC router and built one from scratch buying only the electronics and then I turned my sights on 3D printers and printing and this is where I developed an interest in building up PCB's for the printers, I saw the youtube video about creating gcode from eagle and downloaded Eagle 7 and pcb-gcode and followed the youtube video installation instructions with a view to creating gcode for a downloaded eagle file "slum a 3D printer controler add on board". All seamed to be working fine, I loaded the board file into Eagle, loaded the gcode setup.ulp adjusted the various items and clicked the accept and create button and Eagle crashed and shut down I am running eagle under windows 10 I have tried running Eagle in windows 8 and windows 7 compatabillity modes but to no avail the same crash happens every time even if Itry to create code for only one set of tracks on one side eagle still crashes and closes.
Has anyone had this problem and found the solution?.
March 06, 2016 11:27PM
Hello!

Since I never got a response to the Eagle crashes I started to use FlatCAM. It's user interface certainly needs getting used to but it produced usable results so far.

Many Greetings!
Remo
March 07, 2016 12:58PM
Hi all, after another day of trying to create gcode I have found that If I try to create gcode for the top layer No1 only Eagle 7.5 always crashes and closes BUT if I try to create gcode for the BOTTOM layer No 2 then code is produced, can someone please tell me what logic I am missing why the bottom works whist the top causes the crash
March 09, 2016 06:40AM
Hi all, after lots more time trying to solve this problem I decided to create gcode for another couple of eagle boards and guess what? eagle performed perfectly on bothe sides of the new boards creating gcode for top and bottom and so I tried the "Slum 1.0" board again thinking that I had unknowingly solved the problem but NO eagle crashed again and again, so I have formed the conclusion that the problem lies in the top layer of this board design and not the software or settings. So I guess that I now nead to find how to fix the board design problem, any suggestions?
March 09, 2016 06:56AM
How about a link to the file or upload it here????
Might get more responses if we had something to work with. A quick google didn't find it.
March 09, 2016 11:14AM
Hi Guys, I have stumbled accross the problem, as I said I thought that the problem was with the board so I changed a dotted line in layer1 by clicking on ratsnest which made a solid form and then pcb-gcode worked its magic. I hope this may help others who are at a loss with things.
Many Thanks to all who are a great help to us old try-hards
March 24, 2016 11:28AM
Hi country bubba,
Thanks for your reply,here is a link to the slum board [www.reprap.org] can you suggest how to alighn the second side of the board to scribe the tracks so that the holes match both sets of tracks
March 24, 2016 11:53AM
Hi,
Basically what I do is have a fence along the bottom of my board. This way when you flip the board along the Y axis, that part is registered.
Then I have another fence on the left side of my spoil board and this will put your top of the board origin at the lower left corner. Then there is another fence along the right side of the board and when you flip the board over, and align what is now the right edge to the corner of that side, the origin will now be in the lower right corner.
Obviously, you will need to know the exact coordinates of these two locations in G53 offset so it can be repeated for subsequent boards also. I actually put my fences down and then milled the sides and bottom square to each other (Actually, I cheated and wrote a gcode program to do it). This was done after I homed the machine and when done, I saved that set of offsets for future use.

Now when I want to do a board, I fire up the machine, home it and then load in the machine offsets. Then I am ready to go.

I also modified my post processor such that all my tops are done in G4 offset (board aligned to the left fence) and the bottoms are done in G55 (board aligned to the right fence). Remember, all X values on the top of the board are positive and all the bottom values are negative. Y values are always positive in conventional etching.

Hope this helpssmileys with beer

Art
AKA Country Bubba
March 25, 2016 01:24AM
thanks alot, that has given me food for thought, I think that I will make a spoil board with the two machined fences and re-udjust my home position to suite
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login