Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

etch and drills differs

Posted by tommyken 
etch and drills differs
June 06, 2016 10:18AM
Hello,

I couldn't find the answer within the search engine.
But i'm not sure if the problem is in pcbgcod or my cnc program (Bcnc)

When i created drill and etch nc files and imported them tot BCNC. Als i tried to align both tot left corner and also centered. But somehow drills are outside the milled zones. Could this be a configuration ?

Thx in advance,
Re: etch and drills differs
June 11, 2016 01:48AM
Hi tommyken,
I don't know quite what is going on there.
I have taken to using 'spot drilling'. You find a check box for it on the pcb-gcode-setup page.
It generates additional gcode at the end of the etch file. It means that you can use the tip
of your engraving tool to start a dill hole. With small diameter drills they can 'walk' prior to
drilling. With a starter hole they are much better behaved and if your etch tool walks then
you have bigger problems!

My usual approach is bottom etch, flip the board and align, top etch plus spot drill, then
drill from the topside followed by the mill file. It means that I flip the board only once and
I don't remove it from the jig (spoil board) between operations and that eases alignment
issues considerably.

Craig
June 23, 2016 01:20PM
Hello,

I also have the same problem.
Wanted to reply here sooner but was waiting for the phoum membership aproval.
I opened a case in bCNC two days ago and the problem was identified and solved in the latest master.
I haven't tried yet. Maybe in the weekend.

Check it out: [github.com]

Hope this helps,
Joao
June 27, 2016 06:49AM
Hello,

I tried this weekend and can confirm the problem is solved in the latest master branch.

Cheers,
Joao
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login