Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no tool change please

Posted by nebelfuerst 
no tool change please
December 13, 2016 01:02PM
I'm using pcb-gcode ( latest version) with eagle 5.12. I use the cnc just for drilling.
As my cnc cannot change tools, I find it annoying that it moves to the tool-change position and moves back to drill.
Is there an easy way to get rid of all tool-change events ?
Re: no tool change please
December 15, 2016 04:09PM
I think what your saying is that your being asked for drill size changes??
If so and you intend to only use one size drill, go to your ULP directory that you setup originally and in the "settings" directory find the "default.drl.txt" file and change it so there is only one drill for all sizes.
There are additional instructions in the manual or check back here.

I "think" this will solve your problem.
Best of Luck.

Art
Country Bubba

Art
AKA Country Bubba
December 18, 2016 01:27PM
Yep, that's my problem.
I already removed all except one line in default.drl, so there's just one drillchange at the beginning and end of the sequence.
Can I also get rid of these ?

The reason why I'm asking for it:
Sometimes the drill area on the pcb is the only safe space to move the drill. I usually position over a reference hole, so the drill is already in the right area. When it drives to the change position, it sometimes hits parts, and there's no feature of drill change anyway.
December 18, 2016 06:26PM
My solution to a problem I was having with tool changes was eventually just to write a script which post-processes the drill file to make it do what I want. Just removing those would be pretty easy script.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login