Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Engraving bits

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Engraving bits
January 23, 2013 12:24PM
There wasn't an area for bits, so I put this thread here. I just wanted to share my experience with pcb milling... smiling smiley

I've been milling pcb's for some time and my preferred bit is this one:
[shop.vhf.de]

I've also tried some more traditional (and cheap) engraving bits but I'm not satisfied with them. The price might be a bit higher, but I've been able to make a huge number of boards with a single bit.

I don't have programming skills, but I would definitely like to have the option to pcb-gcode that it would cut larger holes with G02 command, which the VHF bit would make possible. This would enable not only milling the pcb, but also cutting all sizes of holes and the board after everything else is done. Everything with one tool.
Re: Engraving bits
January 23, 2013 02:33PM
Esa,
Welcome aboard the group and for the link to your favorite tool!

As for doing other "milling" operations, I have taken to doing it in cad and using my cam program to do the mill operations. This way, I can use multiple pass doc and not overload my spindle as well as G02 or G03 codes. In my case, the spindle is rated at only 70 watts and that is the advertised rate! For instance, I have one project where the board is an oval shape and trying to do that outline in Eagle would be a real pain in the rear:})
Anonymous User
May 05, 2013 12:06AM
Nice to see that somebody thinks about bits for engraving.

From my own experience, I used 'V' sharp engraving bits, but they are not really efficicent for long time engraving ...
So I made some research regarding shop.vhf.de, and I found a new site from poland with a big choise of engraving bits, and good prices.

I will make a order soon, and give you a feed back.
this is the link of the site : frezycnc

Bye.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2015 10:07AM
Yeah, I was also looking for tools for pcb milling. Standard V cutters didn't bring reasonable results, as shapes began broken after several minutes of milling.

Few months ago I found this e-shop: www.webshop.mipec.eu and I bought their PCB engraving tool with 90 degrees tip. Even 12 Euro was a bit to expensive I have to say that it was a good investment. My boards are not so difficult and I mill maximaly two boards per week, but I use this one bit since I bought it, so approximately three months. Tool is still sharp, shapes are smooth. I'm really surprised.

Any feedback regarding the tool from cnczone? Or can someone recomend some other tools and share experiences here?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login