Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preview fixed for OS X 10.7-10.12.4 (version 3.6.2.4 with fix attached)

Posted by JBDynamics 
Preview fixed for OS X 10.7-10.12.4 (version 3.6.2.4 with fix attached)
March 28, 2017 08:47AM
Hello

I love PCB Gcode, but became irritated that the viewer.app crashed and never opened during GCode compilation. I noticed that executing the jar file worked on a developer enabled Mac, so I realized a fix would be fairly straightforward. I used the JDK8 javapackager to package the Previewer as a signed Mac OS Developer ID application that works on OS X 10.7.4 through 10.12.4.

If you receive a message that the identity of the developer cannot be verified, you will need to open System Preferences ==> Security ==> and click the "Open Anyway" button. I included the JAR that is bundled into the Mac App, which is signed with a Comodo Code Signing certificate, I also included the source for viewer.java that was used to create the JAR file. I had to make a few modifications to the Java source to ensure it does not crash and to ensure no modifications to other source code would be required. I ruby raked together the bundle and here is a direct link to download it from my Dropbox: [www.dropbox.com]

To see what your downloading before downloading click here: [www.dropbox.com]

The size of PCB-Gcode is dramatically larger, as JRE8 is bundled into the app itself, so you do not need to have Java installed on your Mac in order to use Preview.

Cheers,
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 09:28AM by JBDynamics.
Re: Preview fixed for OS X 10.7-10.12.4 (version 3.6.2.4 with fix attached)
March 28, 2017 09:26AM
I realized I linked a directory instead of the file directly, use this link for direct download: [www.dropbox.com]

And this link to view the download on Dropbox: [www.dropbox.com]
April 10, 2017 03:24PM
Could somebody be so kind as to reply with whether or not this works on their Mac? I want to make sure there is no issue with the code signing, so please let me know if it comes up with the message, Developer could not be verified or something like that.

Thanks,
JB
April 12, 2017 06:37PM
Thanks!
Posted to the Yahoo group. Hopefully someone can try it out.

Regards,
JJ
April 15, 2017 01:10AM
It seems to install just fine on my mac using eagle 8 but the preview hangs plus the missing gifs issue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login