Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arcs are reversed

Posted by AlbertHall 
Arcs are reversed
June 17, 2017 12:10PM
The milling for the board outline (files attached) has the arcs reversed, so the corners curve inward instead of outward. What did I do wrong, please?
Eagle 7.7.0
PCBgcode 3.6.2.4
Attachments:
open | download - CNC3020T Spindle Control.bot.mill.nc (1.2 KB)
open | download - CNC3020T Spindle Control.brd (64.2 KB)
Re: Arcs are reversed
June 17, 2017 12:35PM
Albert,
Don't know what happened to make it post that way. I simulated it and saw what you were referring to. So I did a replace command to change the "G03" to "G02" and it simulated just fine for the outline milling.

Art
AKA Country Bubba
June 18, 2017 02:08AM
Thanks for your time doing that.
Is this the the expected result - or does this happen only for me?
If you take the board file and run PCBgcode do you also get reversed arcs?
June 18, 2017 05:18AM
Albert,
Actually when I tried to run it, it bombed with a message about an illegal rack. I think this is because of the file structure as your using V7.x of Eagle and I am using V6.x. When I tried loading it my version of Eagle, it gave me some error messages about problems with the file.
(Rant ON) I hate it when companies make it so the files are not backwards compatible with older versions of their programs! (Rant OFF)

Art
AKA Country Bubba
June 18, 2017 05:30AM
I have found something interesting. I had selected to mirror the board. If I unselect that then the arcs are a mess in the preview but correct in the gcode! (image attached)
Attachments:
open | download - Clipboard01.jpg (26.3 KB)
June 18, 2017 07:35AM
Albert,
This may have something to do with the fact that arc are generated using the radius mode instead of I J K???
I don't really know the answer to this one. confused smiley

Ok, took me a while to try and duplicate as I don't usually work in metric, but finally was able to duplicate your outline in V6x of Eagle and generate a gcode file (I don't use Mach either) and it worked just fine. Then I tried it using the Mach3 profile and again simulated it and it worked fine.

Next, we opened your file again and using the same settings that I did in the last iteration using metric and Mach3 profile, did another run and simulated once again in Camotics and it looked just fine!!!!!! No errors this time in running pcb-gcode.hot smiley

Go figure!

I think this might be something to do with V7.x as there have been other problems.

Art
AKA Country Bubba
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login